How to Enhance Your Photos Using Photoshop in Three Simple Steps
Adjusting Vibrance and Saturation
What to Know: Vibrance adjusts the saturation so that clipping is minimized as colors approach full saturation. This setting changes the saturation of all lower-saturated colors with less effect on the higher-saturated colors. Vibrance also prevents skin tones from becoming oversaturated.
- Click the Image drop-down menu located in the top bar of the application.
- Hover over Adjustments and select Vibrance. The Vibrance and Saturation controls appear in the Vibrance panel.
- Drag the Vibrance slider to your desired effect.
What to Know: The Vibrance control is stronger on some colors than others.
- Drag the Saturation slider to your desired effect.
What to Know: There are actually two different places to adjust the saturation of a photo. One is within the Vibrance panel and the other is in the Hue/Saturation panel. The saturation slider in the Hue/Saturation adjustment is a blunt, heavy handed tool, and although they share the same name, the saturation slider in the Vibrance panel shows a certain amount of restraint.
- Click OK to execute the changes to the image.